Compacting data file
Posted by Diane Jessup, Last modified by Judy Grann on 29 September 2009 08:25 PM
To compact a data file, we need to back up your entire Successware folder onto a CD/DVD and or Jump drive off of this computer.|
1) Shut Successware application down
2) Navigate to the SuccessWare Folder, in the Application folder
3) Open the Utility Folder
4) Double click the 4d tools Icon
5) A navigate window will open
6) Enable the Compiled Database
7) Naviagate to the SuccessWare folder
8) Double click the Successware Icon
9) A new window will pop up Select the Successware.4dd file
11) A window will pop up with the title 4 d tools
12) Select the maintain tab
13) Select the Compact button on the bottom right
14) A Create a data file window will appear ( note the name it is renaming the file too and where it is saving the file
16) Navigate to the SuccessWare folder and create a folder named DAMAGED files- move all .4dd and .4ds files except the one just created to this folder.
17) Rename the new Successware file - successware.4dd , and make sure it is in the successware folder and not a subfolder
18) Launch SuccessWare by double clicking the icon on your dock and than holding down the alt key- a navigate window will appear- select the newly created data file
After you have launched Successware successfully delete the DAMAGED folder.
Please do not hesitate to call if you need assistance in this process.