While we are working on the resolution to the Google Calendar changes, we have come up with 2 options to assist your connectivity.
We do have an export option to iCal or ICS file that can be used with iCal, Outlook, etc.
This file allows you to Export your events, it is not a Sync. You can only make changes within SuccessWare, however, by exporting to another calendar program, you have the visual you need to view the schedule away from the office on your device.
1. On the SuccessWare Scheduler window. Click Export choose ICS or iCal
2. Export to iCal or ICS, - the file can be read into your calendar of choice it is an ICS file standard.
3. Create a new SuccessWare Calendar each time so you do not create duplications. Doing this will remove the old appointments, but it will add the new appointments to the schedule. You can do this daily or what makes sense for your business.
4. Delete the old SW calendar within iCal or your calendar program
Text messaging and Email reminders:
Within SuccessWare you can send your staff e-mails and texts for upcoming appointment.
1. Set up Staff under the People menu.
2. Set User Preferences to include text and email reminders.
3. When adding an appointment select the staff member to be reminded on the Recourses needed area of the Appointment or session.
4. We recommend setting Staff reminders to send E-mails 1 day prior to the event and a text message 15min or 1 hour (depending on your “getting ready time”). This way the day prior to upcoming events, you and staff can get a heads up on all appointments you have for the upcoming day.
5. In your Email program set up a folder for your Reminders, you can set “Rules” within your email client to direct those specific messages there.
6. Once you set up your appointments/ sessions in the manner you like, you can set up Favorite appointments so all of the staff reminders are pre-determined.
If you need assistance with either method, please let us know.
Also bear in mind that we are working on this issue night and day. Hopefully with the changes, the sync process will become more stable. We apologize for the inconvenience this will cause, however we are doing everything we can to work on the solution.
These above options are not ideal, and you can not make changes on your device while we are working out the solution, but it will at least give you a way to keep your appointments close at hand.
We know how important this is to everyone and we are working hard to get SuccessWare and Google back on firm communication.
Thank you all in advance for your continued support and patience while we resolve this issue.